Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Unplanned Day

We've really been working hard in the yard. Cleaned the joint up a bit. Jusk kidding, read on!!




Today the only thing on our calendar was grocery shopping. I had a craving for chicken Alfredo, homemade sauce of course, with garlic bread (delish from Costco) and I tried a new pina colida fruit salad recipe- Divine!! So refreshing!!

On the way home from the grocery store we drove by Derry and Shelley's road. Without prompting, Elise informed me that is where Derry and Shelley live. I saw their garage door was open quick flipped a u-turn and decided to say hi. Saying hi turned into a backyard picnic style lunch. Shelley was so gracious to allow us to come unplanned and stay unplanned. Thanks Auntie Shelley!

On the way home I decided to continue our adventure. I had noticed signs on the Enumclaw plateau about a Lilac Farm. I decided I must see what that was all about. Oh My Goodness, thought I died and went to heaven!!

Linda, the farm owner, lives on a beautiful 10 acre farm. She raises lilacs (of which I bought 2 dwarfs and 2 whites) and horses. The property is stunning: babbling brook, charming green house, miniature horses, private walking path in a native garden, a vegetable garden, fruit orchard, and a doberman to boot. I was nearly speechless. I told her that it could be in Better Homes and Gardens, she was rather humble but did say she did garden tours. Oh My!! She did give me a private tour and told her I must bring my husband back for him to see for himself.

Russell liked climbing aboard a giant tractor, it had a cab with air conditioning, and seeing another tractor working-- on Wednesdays they have hired help, their 16 horses are too much for her to handle alone.

An Unplanned Day that wound up to quite possibly be the best 2011 Spring day this gal has had!! Now if only Enumclaw had a 7-11 and I had a Coke Slurpee, that would have pushed it onto a whole 'nother level.

No comments: