Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sleep Over




Elise and Russell somehow got the idea that they wanted to sleep in each others room. I decided it was okay for them to sleep in Russell's room on the floor. Attempt #1 I was on the computer and Elise creeps up the stairs and asks where Russell is. Isn't he in his room? "I'm in herrrreeee." He had snuck up the stairs and climbed into my bed. It was 11PM and thought now was as good a time as any for me to go to bed too. I probably shhhhh'd them for 1/2 an hour with an occasional threat that everyone would sleep in their own beds if they didn't quiet down. The 3 of us were in my bed until 2:30 when I brought them back down to their beds. I woke up sweating and was on fire with two little furnaces on each side of me.

Attempt #2 They went to bed fairly easily. Remember I typically lock Russell in his room and there is no overhead light (because he is a party animal). With Elise the door remains open a few inches and she has a night light on. How was this going to work? Well Russ did get up a few times, new found freedom, but for the most part they talked a bit they went to sleep..... until 5:30 AM. Elise woke up screaming, likely not knowing where she was. Thus Russell woke up crying and screaming. Sigh. So much for mom's sleep. Russell was tucked in bed and I allowed Elise to come upstairs with me. I think we will hold off on sleepovers for a while.

No comments: