That net the Easter Bunny got Russell sure is coming in handy!
Joe built some raised garden beds and also dug a garden patch for flowers. So far in the garden bed the kids and I have planted raspberries, strawberries, red onions, (too late Anunt Shelley next to the strawberries, I'll know not to do that next year!), and blue potatoes, red potatoes and gold potatoes. We have a package of 4 types variety lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, cilantro, basil, beans and snap peas yet to plant.
In the flower garden I have planted dahlias (10 varienty, 20 plants), calla lillies, gay feather, and gladiolas (sour apple green colored- I LOVE green flowers!!). I have a peony, day lillies, bleeding hearts and astilbe yet to plant. There are sunflowers- 6 footers and sweet peas on my kitchen counter growing from seed. Just planted nysterum along the walk way with seeds yesterday.
Do you know I love gardening?? I truly enjoy it and don't see it as a chore. I think being able to do it with the kids around and being interrupted and easily coming back to it are strong reasons why. My folks liked getting their hands dirty too :)
No comments:
Post a Comment