Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Heart longeth: Conversation hearts

I was rocking Lucas and feeding him his last bottle when Elise came in and suggested we sing songs to him. I obliged and we sang ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Jesus Loves Me, The Itsy Bitsy Spinder, I Love You (not the Barney version) and As the Deer Panteth.


As the Deer Panteth

As the deer panteth for the water
So my soul longeth after thee
You alone are my hearts desire
"Hey, Mom? How come we don't have any hearts candy anymore?"

"Because they are only sold at Valentine's Day."

"Oh."

And I long to worship thee

Chorus
You alone are my strength my shield
To You alone may my spirit yield
You alone are my hearts desire
And I long to worship thee

You're my friend and You are my brother,
Even though you are a king.
I love you more thank any other,
So much more than anything.
(I didn't even know this verse existed we don't sing this one, we will now)

I want You more than gold or silver,
Only You can satisfy.
You alone are the real joy Giver,
And the apple of my eye.

You like that the kid broke mid song because we sang about our hearts desire and that made her think about conversation hearts. Funny to see how she makes connections. Aren't we all like that? Adults just know when to interject or change subjects more swiftly. Who am I kidding, I am so like this!!

No comments: