Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Laura of late

Lately I have been doing some serious changes with my health/ fitness. First I am restricting dairy, wheat, sugar, and alcohol. I am on week three and am doing better than expected. I have also incorporated something called Peak 8 into my fitness routine. Basically you exert yourself for 30 seconds sprinting, bicycling, stair climbing etc. and then recover for 90 seconds at a walking pace. This is done in sets of 8 for a total of 20 minutes 3 times a week. I along with Derry and Joe are going to do a duathlon Feb 13th. Run, bike, run- I am looking forward to it and hope the elements cooperate.

I am attending a Bible Study Wednesday mornings from 10-12. It takes a lot of effort just for me to get out of the house by then since the kids typically don't wake up until 9:30 on their own. It has been WORTH it. I really like the ladies that attend and like to get to know people beyond a friendly hello. Today we branched out from our actual study and had a guest speaker talk about journaling- WOW!! Inspiring to say the least. I thought I would beat myself up, I really don't like to journal and have tried before but have never stuck with it. In hindsight and present sight I DO do a form of journaling: my Christmas letters each year and this blog. So instead of beating myself up I walked away with what else can I do and atta girl you aren't as bad as you thought! ;)

No comments: