I get in these spurts where I want to potty train Russell and not being a very patient person I want it done yesterday. That doesn't work to well with kids, Russell is no exception.
A few weeks ago I tried to bribe him with chocolate, a potty in the toilet meant 2 or3 M&Ms. All was fine day 1, day 2 I took off his night time diaper and eluded to wearing undies to which he sternly said, "No chocolate, NO TOILET!!" End of discussion.
I even bought training pants with plastic diaper covers and he couldn't stand the diaper covers (they are noisy when he walks). Besides that this kid would just wet himself and keep playing; the training undies absorbed it... no sense in telling mom about it.
This time it seems different. GOOD different. We started the day putting training pants on, and no other pants. Just running around in our skivies around here. Just wait it gets worse. He wet, and made a puddle for me to clean up. We took off the wet training undies and I decided he can be pantless. We flucuated between cute buns, PJ bottoms only, undies and a diaper (Elise informed me she put a diaper on Russell- she must have been tired of seeing his cute little buns all afternoon).
Russell was wearing the above mentioned diaper and took it off "Mom, I go potty." This wasn't pulling down PJs or me prompting it was him all on his own. We celebrated with chocolates and Elise now thinks she needs chocolates when she goes potty ;) Tomorrow we shall try again, after he wakes his kid is going sans diaper.
I'm tired of buying 5 different kinds of diapers: Lucas wears size 3s, Lucas also takes size 3 night time diapers, Russ takes size 5, likewise size 5 night time diapers and Miss Elise wears pullups size 5 (she is dry ~80% of the time at night). I order the diapers through Amazon.com, they deliver it to my door and are cheaper than Costco.
No comments:
Post a Comment