Monday, January 31, 2011

Latest House Projects

With Joe being gone 80% of the time and Laura working half the time he is home, projects have slowed way down. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy down. Maybe I'm just use to them being done at mach 10 :) Recently Joe completed the deck- the old one was torn down the weekend Russ fell off it and this "new deck" we were able to use some of the wood from the "old deck". The railing was finished this weekend and all it needs now is a layer of paint.

Joe and Tom also installed our laundry room/ lower bathroom mirror. I can't tell you how excited I was for this. Out of all the things I missed the most when we first moved into this shell of a house was 1.) bathroom mirrors and 2.) laundry room cabinets.

We still need to find and order a front door and then the entry way floor can be done.

On Laura's wish list is all new interior doors and molding. She plans in buying trim paint soon.

Of note: 2 weeks ago we had an appraiser from the bank come and verify we did all the work orders as our loan agreement stated. We did to his satisfaction and he left in less than 5 minutes. Now that extra $ alloted for the repairs ($$$ we saved because Joe did much of the work himself) can be applied to priciple. Woo Hoo one less hurdle to worry about!

No comments: