Christmas Eve we had everyone over here. It was so nice to have Jo Anne and Tom pick up Elise and Russell so I could focus on getting things done. Lucas and I went to pick up a ham and started cleaning like crazy. Dare I say I was well prepared and even had some down time. Jo Anne, Tom, Aunt Molly and Rubie (Chris was working), Uncle Derry and Aunt Shelly, Papa Ron and Grandma Gilda plus Megan and Rhoni, Uncle Mike and Auntie Jen plus Kylee and Katelynn, and our gang and yes daddy Joe walked though the door just as dinner was coming out of the oven- perfect!!
The "agenda" went something like this: appetizers, dinner, church, come back to open presents and eat dessert.
This year we scaled back and drew names. The kids had a blast and a favorite memory of mine was once Russell opened his first present he went to the play room to play with it. Train tracks will do that to a boy.
Elise was being a bit of a stinker at times with "What can I open next?" Really?? Working on that.
My most creative present was to Rhoni a collection of various Root Beers and unique sodas. The names and labels were funny, Pig Iron and I even found a chocolate soda.
We ended the night sprinkling oats on the lawn so Rudolph would know to come to our house. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment