Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hurlin' in the New Year

We woke up and Lucas was a bit fussy. Nothing I did seemed to appease him so when that happens we go to food. I mixed together banana, blueberries and oatmeal two bites in and his belly starts doing tidal waves. I knew he was going to hurl it was just a matter of time.

So what does this mom do? I didn't have time to get a towel, I just stuck out my hand and hoped for the best, which in this case would have been a false alarm. Say it wasn't so.

There I am with the results of Lucas' hurl in my hand and I am just standing there. Making sure there wasn't a second wave. I was just watching Lucas settle down.

Elise witnessed all of this, me standing there with my hand full of yuckiness just below Lucas' mouth, and she piped up, "Mom, I don't think he wants that."

All I could say was, "No sweetie, he doesn't want that."

That girl has GREAT insight. Just call her captain obvious.

** He did this at 10AM and then about 10:20 and that was all. Just a 2 hour window of lots of snuggle time and laying low. After noon he acted as if nothing ever happened. We went outdoors and relished in the 55 degree day!!

No comments: