Let's just say Laura (me here) triple dog dared herself to get on the little pony. This involved a ladder because the first attempt with the force of my foot in the stirrups caused the saddle to go all cadywompus. So picture me behind the shed Joe recently built (why because this is where the ladders are) standing on the first rung of the ladder and leaping onto the back of Spirit. I was so glad no one else was around to witness this. If you're drinking soda is that visual making fizz come out your nose yet??
Oh wait it gets better. Much better. I then realized crap, I don't have the reins, just the lead line. So a quick dismount and back to the ladder for attempt #3. This girl doesn't take no for an answer, gosh I'd make a heck of a salesmen ;) instead my day job consists on insisting 60 yr old men are capable of wiping their own hiney, last week literally... ugh!!
Back in the saddle, I meant back to the story...I got on and really felt completely out of sorts, no control whatsoever. Let's just say a good saddle fit would have made a world of difference. My feet were a dangling and might as well have been bare backing it. My "joy ride" lasted all of about 12 seconds, a bit longer than an actual bull ride.
Spirit got two apples for his tolerance. I got a good laugh at myself and really shouldn't triple dare myself to do anything... perhaps that is a good 2012 resolution. Naw what fun would that be ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment