We went to the Colville Christmas Party. The folks were all so nice and I can see why Joe hesitated about coming back to work on the West side. If it wasn't for a new to us house, a new baby, and our family we might have made a go for the frozen tundra but it wasn't what God wanted for our family- the 5 of us- Ma, Pa and the Zimlets.
Back to the party, the host had a very inviting home, all decorated complete with tree (our tree isn't up and the photo cards aren't made shhhhh). I met Coral, the secretary/fire cracker of the group. She sure knows how to have a good time and I bet is invited to events just to liven up a party ;) I also met a few troops Joe worked with and they didn't hold back- just started talking as if you'd known them for years. We sure had fun and enjoyed each other's company as much as we enjoyed our own.
We headed back to the local hotel and our heads hit the pillows and were down for the count by 11:30. At 7:30 I woke up wide eyed, I was able to get some more shut eye and then suddenly woke with a feeling of panic- I focused on the digital clock and it read 10:30, oh there went the continental breakfast ;)
I told Joe what time it was and he said, "You have to be kidding me." Who me kid?? Yes but not now!! We raced to get ready by the 11AM check out time. I guess we needed our zzzz's.
No comments:
Post a Comment