I had been wanting to decorate gingerbread houses with the kids but didn't want to pay full price. I found a gingerbread house kit and a gingerbread train kit at Walgreens for 75% off, so our afternoon of fun cost $5... for both kits. They kids loved it.
Note to self, it might have been wise to put the pieces together and let the gingerbread set the suggested 15 minutes then ask then kids to help. As newbies we had the kids help with the frosting which acted as an adhesive for the gingerbread house/train. The tough part was to have the kids break away, time for a quick Bugs Bunny cartoon. They were relentless, "Can we do the gingerbread house yet? Is it time?" Next time we'll just bring them out ready to decorate houses. That's where the real fun is anyways.
Ta-da!! I think they turned out lovely.
Daddy is a funny one. Icing mustaches, yumm. The only kind of facial hair I would request ;)
Ok kids when I told you to get close for the picture this was not what I had in mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment