Joe and I stay up late to watch movies. It is typical for us to go to bed at 1AM; last night was no different. Joe feel asleep about 12:15 on the couch and I shortly later just to wake during the movie credits. I roused Joe and we headed to bed, hunkered down and 30 seconds later we heard a shriek. A noise like nothing we had heard before. Joe got up and just stood at the top of the stairs until we knew where it was coming from, was it kid or animal. Literally it sounded like something was being murdered, it was horrible. Joe thought it was Spirit and was ready to grab a gun thinking the pony was being attacked. Shriek #2 and we realized it was a kid, Lucas. Joe knew what the problem was before he opened the door, he smelled the problem. Ewwwww. We immediately put Lucas in the tub, nothing like a 1:15 AM tubby. He had vomited all over his crib, good boy nothing on the carpet.
We then waited an hour to see if he was done or just starting this barf party. That was it, a one hit wonder. We rocked him and laid him down, he wanted no part of that. We were going to let him fuss for 10 minutes. I was asleep and Joe was still up so like the good dad he is he tried rocking him again. No such luck. Joe eventually brought the babe into bed with us, a first for this fellow, and he promptly laid his head down and was out in no time. I guess misery does love company.
**It is almost 10AM Lucas and Joe are both still sleeping and I am watching The Little Mermaid with E & R.
No comments:
Post a Comment