Sunday, June 20, 2010

What's next

So... the offer was accepted and we countered and then they agreed. Closing should be sometime after July 24th or so as they are trying to get a conventional loan, origianlly they were going to do a VA but that would have pushed the closing date into the first week of August.

Joe has been a real powerhouse in terms of getting things done with the to do list. We have 3 bathrooms: main, laundry/lower level and master. The master is on the backburner for right now. Joe has the other two bathroom floors tiled and grouted, next up sealed. He still has the shower(s) to go. We got our main bath vanity and will install it once the tile is complete and the bathroom is painted.

Lately, while Joe is at work I am packing up boxes and putting them in the truck. Then when Joe goes out to the house after work he unloads the boxes, does a project or two and comes home.

Jo Anne and Tom have been LIFESAVERS through this whole process. I have not been able to lift a paintbrush and Jo Anne has done a remarkable job painting and tidying up the joint. Tom has been the errand runner, Joe's sound board, electrician, plumber and general Mr. Fix-It. Without their help we seriously would not be moving in until Labor Day, I mean the one in Sept. If you can't tell I am very thankful for all their help and wonder if they are doing this out of the kindness and goodness of their heart or if they like a good challenge. :)

Tues and Wed Joe is off and I expect big things to happen. I will be busy polishing up this house, the inspection is Thursday 1PM and we need to be out of the house for 3+ hours. After that we'll talk about moving some furniture over.

Friday I have my 39 week MD appt and she plans to stir things up and make sure I have this baby!! She is going to Scotland departure date is my due date July 4th. She has said all along that she is going to deliver my 3rd baby.

Auntie Shelley and Uncle Derry are in the don't-let-the-cell-phone-out-of-earshot-mode as they will likely watch E & R while we are at the hospital.

I feel like this post is rambling but that is how my brain is working lately. Go figure.

No comments: