
Tonight Elise and I went to her kindergarten round up. I was actually looking forward to the drive by myself but after calling someone who a few years ago did round up, realized you are suppose to bring the child. Drats plans foiled!!
We got there stood in line and a teacher asked the child what their name was, could they spell it and was their last name was. Elise said her first name and spelled it. We watched a video about kindergarten in the library. Next we boarded a school bus. Elise chose the seat for us and off we went. She really enjoyed the ride. Looking back it would have been sort of silly for me to ride the bus without my kid ;) so glad she went after all.
When we returned to school the children lined up and played in a classroom while the parents completed the paperwork and met the principal. I even ran into a gal I went to highschool with, her son will be in Elise's class.
Elise is really excited now and I have a feeling we are going to like it as well.
** While all the kids lined up I noticed Elise was the tallest one there!! She is probably also one of the younger kids having a June birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment