Elise went to the dentist last week. I noticed she had a cavity when I was helping her brush her teeth. Actually she had a broken molar and a cavity so which came first? The dentist said ~80% of kids with well water (no flouride) get cavities but he did not recommend oral flouride. Indstead we bought a mouth swish $20 for 16 oz and have her rinse morning and night. We are also instituting Russell go to bed without his milk. Usually we put him down with his sippy cup, no any more.
Russell went to the doctor's clinic on Sat because he had a rash that was spreading at a fast rate. Turns out mom here diagnosed it correctly: impetigo. It is a bacterial skin infection that usually occurs around the mouth. Russ's was on his belly and I'm glad because we put bandages on it and he wasn't itching or wiping his hands on it at all. It started out the size of a pencil eraser and next day was the size of a nickle. I was thinking it had just gotten rug burned. Joe came home Fri night and asked if I had seen the spot on his stomach, yes I had, what size was it, oh a nickle- nope by then it was the size of a silver dollar. After calling the nurse hotline and sending a pic from my camera phone to a coworker who agreed it was impetigo we decided to forgo the ER visit and have Joe take him bright and early Sat AM.
No comments:
Post a Comment