Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ahh the Power of Prayer

OK, I broke down, I finally did it... I called a Doberman Pinscher breeder and asked questions about whether a male or female is better family dogs, what did they want for a background check on our end, when the next litter was due etc. The DAY AFTER the phone call, the kids and I went for a walk. A nice black dog with white feet followed us home. We got home about 2:30PM and the dog was still on our deck at 8:30PM. It had a collar with a 1800 pet finder # and the local Pierce County Pet License tag. I called the 1800 pet finder #: one contact # they had was disconnected and the other the operator left a message at stating someone found their dog and please return the call. (It has been 6 days still no one has called). The operator did tell me it's name was Ambush and it was a Border Collie out of Puyallup, we are at least 15-20 miles from Puyallup. I then tried the License tag but it was after hours and only got an answering machine and left that as a project for Papa Tom, the next day he and Grandma Jo Anne came to babysit the trio since Auntie Jen was snow stranded.

I called a neighbor and asked if she knew of anyone who lost a Border Collie. She said her neighbor had them and he came to our house to see if it was one of his that went missing 3 or 4 months ago. No such luck. I called a 2nd neighbor asking if the people who moved in across the street from them had a dog- no luck there either. I sent out a neighborhood email stating I found a dog and come claim it- no takers. Sunday, Joe drove over to the driveway where I said the dog had started to follow us home and the homeowner broke out into a smirk when Joe asked if he lost a dog. "I wondered what happened to that dog." Apparantly, the dog showed up at his house 2 weeks ago and they had tried to track the owners. It went from their house to our house and our house is where it remains.

Tom found out from the Licensing agency the owner's name was Eric Irwin and we had a phone #, the mailbox was full. Joe texted it, no response. They told Tom the dog's name is Indie. We put up found fliers and did a posting on Craigslist- no luck. Today I went to a vet and found yes he is microchipped but no resistration was complete, so therefore no information.

Joe thinks I have not done enough and wants me to write a letter to a few Eric Irwins in the local white pages. He thinks I am not trying hard enough to find the owner- I say pa-shaw!! What more can I do short of taking out the front page of the Seattle paper?


It really is a great dog. Sits. Lies down. Walks decent on a leash. Sleeps on our bedroom floor. Gets along great with the kids, and doesn't bother the cats. Walks in the house.

Remember Elise's Thanksgiving Day prayer: Dear Jesus, thank you for the dog that I do not have yet.

Ahhh the power of prayer!!

No comments: