My coworker whose son has babysat for us twice noticed my Facebook post venting my frustrations about finding someone to watch the Zimlets on a regular basis. She had mentioned before that a gal she know through Camp Fire lived down our street. The lady's name is Debbie and she use to have her own home daycare. She said she is available all summer and during the school year she sees 3 girls (2nd grade, 4th grade and Jr high) off to school about 6AM to 9AM. I was slightly disappointed that she already had something lined up next year and decided to tell her what I needed anyways. "We need help on Fridays..." I explained how Joe has varying shifts and if it was during his morning rotation we'd need care from 6AM to whenever he returned home ~4:30PM. Four weeks later during his night shift rotation we'd need care from 4:30PM until when I got home 8:15 or so. She said she's cared to kids whose mom was a nurse and her shift got off at 10 or 11PM. When I was all done she said, "I should clarify I work every day except Fri, the girls' father sees them off to school, works from home that day."
Mere coincidence that Debbie has every Friday off and that is precisely what we need? I have a very good feeling about this.
No comments:
Post a Comment