Monday, June 13, 2011

Critters


I dumped out a plastic 2 gallon planter and to my surprise found a nest in the middle of the dirt. The nest was made of grass and I thought how odd to see an animal's nest made in the middle of this dense soil. I was going to spread the dirt around in a low spot in the yard and took the nest to toss it aside. As I picked it up I felt it was heavy and not light grass like I had expected. What happened next made me squirm: about 3 little critters started to crawl out of the nest and buried themselves into the earth. I think they were moles slight possibility they were mice?? Russell wanted to hold them and I thought why not. We then tried to salvage their nest and put them back into the black plastic planter. I don't know what their fate was and won't check on them for fear that mother nature took her course.


What's your vote, mouse or mole??



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think those little creatures are shrews