Saturday, January 9, 2010
Speech Eval
Elise had a speech therapy evaluation done up the street at the local elementary. I saw a memo at her preschool saying Kent School District does free screening for preschoolers and called Auburn to see if they did as well and yes they did. The appointment lasted roughly an hour and while I browsed through Martha Stewart and cooking magazines Elise was evaluated by a physical therapist, occupational therapist, psychologist and finally a speech therapist. I am concerned about her pronunciation, she scored 80% and did not meet qualifications in that area. The speech therapist did say she did not follow directions well and asked if that was something I noticed at home. I laughed and said no she understands and will chose not to follow directions if she is being stubborn. She scored a 73% in this area and was below par, therefore she would be able to receive speech therapy which also includes auditory processing AKA following directions. I declined and they agreed Elise probably did not score as well in this area because the therapist had just met her and it was the last skill set they tested her on. They told me to come back in April or May and see if her "G" and "V" sound any better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment