So Russell has taken a liking to climbing. It started months ago with Auntie Jen's knobs on her bathroom cupboardsand has since developed into flat faced cupboards and now the stove. Most recently it has included the dining room table quickly followed by the dining room chairs which he climbs like ladder rungs. Any wagers when this kid's first ER visit will be? (Please knock on wood... none!)
I have some major vices with appliance designers, they must be void of any children in their lives. First off how much sense does it make to have a lock on the oven but to preheat the oven it needs to be unlocked. The only horrible thought I have is perhaps if a kid plays hide and seek they can push open a door (I know dryers are notorious for this). Nonetheless, the other night I was running the water for the bathtub and I came out smelling my blueberry apple crisp hanging in the air. It is very aromatic I thought and then suddenly oh no it is because the oven door is open. Russell had managed to open the door and luckily that was as far as his curiosity took him. Close call noted.
Second vice there is no lock on the dishwasher and Russell is a pro at opening it. No sharp knives have been in that dishwasher for several months now.
Russell also likes to get into the garbage. Our garbage can either be found in the laundry room or up high out of reach.
1 comment:
Awesome pictures! I could have that same first one of Greyson, He also loves to climb on everything. But our kitchen is easier to gate off than yours. Thanks for share the scary story about the oven - I will learn from it!
Post a Comment