Grocery Trip Tues evening- the last day of the past weeks promotions (the new ads go up Wed). I also brought Elise so we were ok to do two transactions. Headquarters must have wised up to this because now the double coupons read one per family. I am thinking of having Joe go with me and act like he doesn't know me and go to a separate check out. I could just see this "Ma'am why is that child (Elise) screaming mama for you in lane 6?"
2 Albertons cereal cheerios 2.99 sale priced with coupon $.88
2 Hefty storage bags sale price 2.00 (I had $1.00 coupon and then used albertsons double coupon so these items were FREE) there were also peelie coupons on these and the checker scanned them (I didn't think she was supposed to do this) for .20 and .15
Chinet 8" paper plates 34 count sale priced at 2.50 (I had a $1 off coupon and then had it doubled) so I got these for $.50
1 gallon Darigold milk $2.79 we are transitioning Russell to cow's milk- no coupons staple item
I also had a 5.00 off coupon from buying Honey Bunches of Oats cereal last week. So my total was 5.03 with tax minus this $5 coupon meant my OOP (out of pocket- learn the lingo) was $.03!!! Wowzers that is how you shop!! Saved 19.14 with coupons- Total savings of 99.8%
Elise's transaction Tues afternoon 5/19
4 Treetop Apple juice 3 packs on sale for $1 each (had coupon for $1 off two cartons then used albertsons doublers so these items were FREE)
Chinet 8" paper plates 34 count sale priced at 2.50 (I had a $1 off coupon and then had it doubled) so I got these for $.50
I paid $.55 OOP!! Saved 11.15 with coupons. Total saving of 93.5%
Laura's trip today 5/20
1 French's mustard 1.50 (.75 coupon then used albertsons doubler so this item was FREE)
1 Kraft BBQ sauce 1.00 (1.00 coupon then doubler so $1.00 PROFIT on this item)
Later 1 more BBQ sauce 1.00 - .50 overage = .50
3 Lawrys marinade 1.00 (1.00 coupon then doubler, also .50 off coupon so 2.50 off 3.00 worth of products)
French bread 1.99- free from the last doing a survey which printed on my last nights receipt
Total overage of $.50 Albertson does not give overage unlike safeway so the lady said, "I can't give this back to you hmmm..." I then suggested getting another BBQ sauce and she scanned another one which added 1.00 to my -.50 making the new total a whopping $.50. Saving 97.6% with $20.63 worth of coupons and in store sales.
No comments:
Post a Comment