Saturday, August 24, 2013

Ocean Park here we come all 9 of us!

After feeling mildly miffed about our Idaho trip (part kid behavior part rental situation- house wasn't as depicted) I reflected and thought about what made me irked.  I then vowed to learn from that and not come home from a vacation with a chip on my shoulder so what I learned about myself is I need to LOWER my expectations.  Most people think no have high expectations and then you will reach your goal.. opposite for me.  I feel disappointed if my to do list isn't complete so my goals for this beach vacation were simple:
1.) Go to the beach
2.) Have fun

Needless to say we did both of those and we did both of those well & big time.  We had the best time. 
S'Mores, kites, ice cream, Jen's now must have potatoes, driving on the beach, walks, talks, dancing, laughing and loving and so much more.  Thanks Lyons Den of Doty for a memorable weekend!


We got to our house rental close to 6:45 PM.  We unpacked briefly got settled then headed for the beach- the entire reason why we came, right??  That and hang out with the cousins :)
The kids were so excited that they jumped in the water and were playing in the ocean until almost 9PM.

They didn't mine the COLD one bit!  Look at those smiles, makes me smile!!



Gosh finally know how to keep tabs on this kid- bury him ;) To be fair he requested it!



Lucas loves teasing and loves his Auntie!  Here he was spitting water all over.

bliss

undies and tank tops, the common swimsuit at the beach








Can you tell we had fun??  Can you tell we'll repeat again next year??

No comments: