I thought it would be fun to bring home some medical supplies from work. It is such a waste but whenever a patient dies or is transferred to another facility everything in their room is thrown in the garbage. It doesn't matter if they were there for 2 hours or 20 weeks, in isolation or not. It is disgusting to see perfectly good supplies being tossed out. Well my kids got a mommy who set things aside (no I did not dumpster dive) and we played doctor at home.
I brought home everything that I could with exception of needles and urinary catheters ha ha!! I brought syringes, wound care dressings, wrap bandages, oral swabs, tongue depressors, alcohol pads, heart monitor pads and an ambu bag to use in place of mouth-to-mouth for CPR.
The kids really got into it and at one time were taking care of three patients: me, daddy and a doll. They were good care providers :)
No comments:
Post a Comment