Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween





We went to downtown Enumclaw again this year. We lucked out 2 years in a row without rain. I always remembered it raining on Halloween as a kid.

We had Cinderella, a Seahawk Football player and a tiger in tow.

Russell marched right on up to get his candy, Elise was shy and needed prompting. She got the hang of it after 4 or so merchants. Lucas was just along for the ride.

Afterwards we went to McDonald's and then hit Debbie's house. She had glow in the dark bracelets and mega sized candy bars (as in bigger than king sized). She also had a carved out pumpkin with chili in it- pumpkin chili and that is their family's Halloween tradition. Note to self I must try that it looked delish.



We also saw two deer on Debbie's street and on the way out Elise spied one in their driveway and Russell spied one on the road. I remember many a time when my dad got a deer on Halloween and he'd say he "Trick or Treated" them. Gotta love hunting humor :)

We drove down the road and spotted a house that was all decked out and I wanted to take the kids there. Joe was not too thrilled with the idea, he didn't approve of going to some one's house he didn't know. I insisted, they lived on our street and I reminded him how on our house on Lea Hill I was all ready for Trick-or-Treaters and not a one came- bummed!! So Joe turned the truck around and we went to the door. Turns out we were their ONLY Trick-or-Treaters and they were THRILLED. They are a couple in their 30's, Brooke and Jim, and Brooke brought Indie home to us once-- so they weren't strangers after all. I swear that dog knows more of the neighbors than we do.


Mama and her cub, Lucas 16 months.


Happy Halloween from Joe, Laura and the Zimlets!!





This little tiger is roaring!! Bedtime!!

No comments: