Friday, November 21, 2008

Russell dos and don'ts

Russell dos: sleeping and rolling
Russell now officially sleeps through the night and I mean late into the morning. He goes to bed about 10:30 PM and yesterday I didn't feed him until 10:15 AM, watch me jinx it now. He also rolled over for the first time Thurs evening. I was just commenting to a friend how he seems to be lazy in that department and no sooner than I hung up the phone with her and turned to look at my Russell-sprout and he was planted face down. He must have thought I'll show her who is lazy.......

Russell don'ts: helmet wearing kid
Update: Russell's appointment with Mary Bridge went very well. They basically told us he is not a candidate for a helmet and suggested we take a picture of his head and compare it over the next few months (it will continue to shape and fill out as his brain grows and develops). His ears will likely be lopsided, but hey whose isn't? We felt rather sheepish leaving the appointment and seeing children who have noticeable difficulties both mental and physical- as Joe said we see adults like this but some start out like that from the moment they enter the world. The things you don't notice or think twice about until you are confronted with. We are VERY THANKFUL for both of our children and their health.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great news! Even though the helmet is temporary, it's still an indicator of something that "could be" wrong and I'm happy that Russell won't be needing one :-) He looks great in his pictures, so something must be right!