So this is what Russell looks like. He has rolls on top of his rolls. His 4 month check up weighed in at 17lbs 13 ounces and 26 inches long. It's hard to believe he has gotten so big so quickly!! The MD did have a concern regarding the shape of his head. Since day one he really favors the left side of his head and in doing so his skull is a bit misshapen. We have a referral to go to Mary Bridge for an evaluation, we're thinking he is going to be a helmet wearing kid.My first day back to work went smoothly. I was able to juggle three patients, breastpumping, and check-ins with Joe at home. I was impressed at how well he did. Dinner was ready when I got home and he was as glad to see me as I was to see them. It was nice to transition into work over the weekend when it isn't quite so busy. We nurses joke at work how our favorite patients are comatose orphans- they can't talk, ring their call light and no family members, that there is nothing short of glorious (only one of my patients could commuicate).
No comments:
Post a Comment